West Kensington Ministry is looking for a dynamic, organized, and committed individual who has the skill to coordinate a youth mentoring program on a part-time basis (20 hrs. /week). The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively with
parents, adolescents, and adult mentors, use technology to manage program information, and be capable of working individually and as part of a team to achieve program goals. The program is research-based and will involve the collection of data to improve program performance over time. The ideal candidate will be someone who is able to create and use an online or electronic project management time/task plan to ensure all objectives are met and can maintain accurate and up-to-date records on all program activities. The candidate will need to work from program headquarters in West Kensington.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a letter of interest and resume (no phone calls please) by June 22nd to: Rev. Adan A. Mairena, Building Bridges Program Director at email@example.com
Mentor Coordinator (Part-time, 20 hours per week)
Bachelor’s degree in human service field (e.g. social work, education) required, Master’s degree preferred. Strong community networking and verbal communication skills required as well excellent attention to detail and computer skills. Prior experience in recruiting, training, and working with volunteers preferred. Demonstrated orientation toward helping youth who are disconnected from school and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Work collaboratively with Program Director (Rev. Adan Mairena) and community stakeholders to develop and execute Mentor recruitment plan that results in approximately 10-20 trained mentors.
2. Implement mentor approval protocols, including background screening.
3. Train mentors in program policies and mentoring best practices.
4. Match mentors to youth, following program guidelines.
5. Host events to match youth, support mentors, and recruit new mentors.
6. Provide ongoing coaching and supervision to mentors to assure quality implementation of mentoring program.
7. Manage youth recruitment and informed consent with adolescents and their parents/guardians.
8. Implement approved evaluation protocols and time-lines for data collection.
9. Maintain and protect confidentiality and security of all organizational information gained in the course of performing job responsibilities including, but not limited to, financial and client information.
10. Keep budget and project management materials up to date.
11. Other duties consistent with prior training and experience.