Youth who connect with caring adult mentors can aspire, achieve, and develop to their fullest potential. Mentoring helps youth make positive choices for today and their future. Our mentoring program is a one-on-one youth mentoring program for students, ages 10-16, in the Kensington neighborhoods of Philadelphia.
Building Bridges partners with schools, non-profit organizations, and faith communities.
- Promote positive youth development by engaging youth to reach their full potential academically and socially.
- Build resiliency by equipping youth to recover from setbacks, adversity, and challenges.
- Strengthen self-advocacy skills by developing problem-solving skills, confidence, and perseverance to succeed.
- Foster healthy relationships with caring adults through the mentor/mentee relationship.
- Provide a structured, safe, and supportive environment for mentors and youth.
- Enhance family relationships and wellbeing by improving family-child communications and relationships.
For more information on becoming a mentor or mentee, please contact Amy Yang, our Mentoring Director.